recipes and tips for better living

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sniggity Snack That's Not Wiggity Whack: Sundried Tomato Boats


Hollah!!!  And Happy Monday!  I'm once again leading a fabulous group of yogis on an incredible 20 day detox and 'Boy don't you know it', It's snack time!  It can get so frustrating when you are cleansing to keep things exciting.  We often focus on what we can't have rather than what we can, and in that we fall into the routine of the same ol' same ol' trap.  You know how it is, snacking on a celery stick or a carrot stick, a handful of almonds, or a piece of fruit.  So that ain't so shabby but i can see where it gets a little dole-drum.  So here's a fun little fresh and exciting sniggity to hold you over when your cooking up your din-din or hitting a mid day craving:

Sundried (or Sliced Fresh) Tomato Boats:

what's a tomato boat you may ask?  According to MUAH and my new addition to the dictionary a tomato boat is a sliced or sundried tomato stuffed with goodness floating pretty from plate to palette.  Here's my rendition....feel free to stuff yours all crazy with whatever your face wants to get stuffed with and let me know how it turns out.


5 sundried tomatoes (or one tomatoe sliced into five 1/4-1/2 inch slices)
Top each slice with a little fresh basil leaf
top each piece of basil with a small slice of avocado
drizzle EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) over the top
and if you haven't taken salt out of the diet yet, then you should.  ha. Or you can put a pinch of sea salt on the top.

Eat em up.  MMMMMMMMM
Share:

3 comments

  1. Girl you are speakin my language!! These look delicious, and the best part of all is the bf doesn;t like sundried tomatoes so I can eat a plate of these all to myself....mwuah haha!

    Ok seriously, when are you going to make "A Grateful Life" a book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for your awesome lecture on Aruveyda last Wednesday. It was very interesting and I have really resonated on what you talked about. When will you be doing your next cleanse? I would really like to sign up when I am done with teacher training. I also featured you in my blog ( i hope that is ok) I have been using my blog to "journal" my yoga experience.

    http://onelovemeg.com/2011/03/17/om-with-me-on-the-pink-mat-part-5/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meg, What a great blogsite! Thanks for all your kind words - it's awesome to hear you're so jazzed about ayurveda! I look forward to taking your yoga class in the near future! xo

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig