recipes and tips for better living

Monday, March 12, 2012

Welcome Home Green Smoothie

As lovely as it is to be on vacation, there is something special about coming home.

Last week i spent a fantastic 7 days at haramara resort in Sayulita, Mexico.


It's completely refreshing and revitalizing living the simple life, without electricity, computers, cell phones, alarm clocks, cars, etc.  The food was fresh, local, vegetarian, and amazing, but i went 7 days without my green drinks and my flat iron.  Thankfully my withdrawal symptoms were soothed away with a delicious combination of meditation, outdoor yoga, long hikes, great conversations with new friends, and massages in open pallapas.  Rough Life, right?


My Roomies, Good Friends, & Fellow Yoga Teachers:  Brooke, Me, and Jules
All well and good, but being home with my loved ones (my boyfriend, pug, and Vitamix) does feel good.

So Here is my Welcome Home Green Smoothie that helped ease me back into this uncivilized world:

1/2 stalk of celery
3/4 of a ripe mango
1/8 of a bacon avocado
1 fistful of spinach
1 inch slice from a ripe banana
1 Tbsp of fresh cilantro
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup pure water and 2 ice cubes

blend in your vitamix, sip away all of your worries, and recite:


“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.”
*Thich Nhat Hanh



me & kathi



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig