recipes and tips for better living

Monday, May 14, 2012

Palm Springs & Green Things


Here's a sneaky peaky at what i've been up to

a little palm springs action
hanging with these nuts (thank you kelly for all the fun  photos!)
waking up to blooms like this one

sipping on green things
and hanging out with funny faced animals

Yup, same ol' same ol'.  Just a little life lovin', sprinkled with extreme passion for what i do, some quotable sayings, weekend get-aways, pug loving, yoga, and lots of green smoothies.  Not bad, eh???  I have to say, i feel blessed daily that i don't have to brush my hair in the morning if i don't want to, can wear stretch pants all day long which is a blessing as much as a curse (jeans and buttoned pants just never feel as comfy after wearing your fave pair of lulu's all day long), and I hardly have to don a pair of shoes in a day if i don't want.  I'm blessed that i interact with the kindest of souls, who share with me their take on the world, their love and appreciation, who pick me up when i'm feeling down, and who share their great talents with me.  I'm blessed that holistic healers help heal me, as they allow me to help heal them:  extra special thank you to Dr Michele Ross at Tree of Life Chiropractic and Aquilino at Acusport for cracking, pinning, and massaging away my horrific back pain today!  (apparently laying on a floatie in a pool for three days is hard work on your back - who knew?  ha)

I just returned from a weekend in Palm Springs playing jekyll and hyde with my favorite people: green juices and smoothies floating peacefully in the pool by day vs. cocktail craziness poolside by night.

celery, cuke, apple, lemon, spinach

him and me
I sweat, I hydrated, I floated, and i tanned.   I sang a song I call "Everyone get in the pool.", in which everyone would get in the pool.  I met the kindest people who traveled far an wide for many reasons, but all somehow ended up floating together.  I met new friends who oddly came from my home town in Michigan and new friends who practically live in my backyard in California, 2 girls from portland (where i used to live) who share my same passions, a soul sister born on the same day as me, and a incredibly inspiring and fun breast cancer survivor who is thrilled to learn about Beaming.

classic palm springs poolside shot

These new friends i've made have all booked into the same hotel (along with us) next year, same time, for a little reunion.  That's love.  Which brings me to this quotable saying that i heart dearly:

Life is not a path of coincidence, happenstance, and luck, but rather an unexplainable, meticulously charted course for one to touch the lives of others and make a difference in the world.  -barbara dillinham

And of course, i must leave you with a little something healthy and green to put in your belly.  
Here's my Poolside Green Smoothie:  


Handful of chard
a few kale leaves
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1/3 of a ripe banana
small spoonful of goji berries
1 Tbsp flaxseed
3/4 scoop of Vega vanilla-almondilla
Lots of ice




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig