recipes and tips for better living

Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Mugg'a Dandy Latte


Most of us have a warm mugg'a something in the morning.  Whether it's coffee, tea, mate, hot water, a holiday startbucks drink, or whatever it is that pleases your senses, i think we can agree that part of the desire for that mugg'a ____X____ is simply out of habit.  We hold sacredly a few special rituals that help us approach each day with a vibrant outlook.  For many of us it's to sit with a hot mugg'a and simply be with yourself, the newspaper, your family, your emails, your pet.

Without that mugg'a ___X___ it feels a little...well...incomplete.

I used to be a coffee drinker.  I lived in the pacific NW and that's what you did.  Drink coffee, have more, perhaps some later, and certainly polish off the the day at a pub or happy hour with friends. Talk about acid overload, but that was the culture.  When i first starting cleansing years back i quickly noticed the ill effects caffeine had on my body, often leaving me shaky, weak, and feeling hung over by mid-day.  It's amazing what you realize about the foods you consume daily when you take a few weeks to consciously monitor how your body feels without them.  I ditched the coffee habit after years of enjoying it, but quickly missed my mugg'a ritual.  I had to find a new habit.

I now enjoy my tea ritual as much (if not more than) i did my coffee ritual, but one thing remains the same.  Each morning i get up, pull out my favorite mug, heat up water, and get my ritual and day started.  I've found it best not to abandon the rituals that mean so much to giving our mornings completeness, but rather to find simple substitutions that support our bodies and mental outlook for the day.

I blogged a while back about dandy blend.  It's an herbal alternative to the acidic and stimulant nature of coffee and an aide to get you off the coffee crack.  Perhaps today you'll consider filling your mugga with dandelion not only for it's healing effects on the body, but simply to maintain a ritual of vibrantly awakening with gratitude at the start of each day.

working away with my dandy latte :)


A Mugg'a Dandy Latte

1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk (DIY or Trader Joes refrigerated one is good)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of water
1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp dandy blend (choose your intensity)
liquid stevia to taste (i like mine pretty sweet)

Heat all together in a pot, stir well, pour into your favorite Mugga and sip your morning away.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig