recipes and tips for better living

Thursday, September 8, 2011

What I'm Eating Now: Breakfast For Nut Butter Addicts



"Hi I'm Meredith, and i'm addicted to nut butter."  

A month back while at Henry's market i stumbled upon an end cap with a variety of nut butters, some of which i hadn't tried before:

Coconut Manna - yes, i've had you and you always make me want more.  Cashew butter....I've had my way with you too...puuuurrrrrrrr.  Almond...you'll always be my standby.  Peanut...i mean duh i grew up on it.  HOWEVER i had never had sunflower seed butter before and the label really appealed to me.  2 Tbsp of sunflower seed butter had a fraction of the fat and more fiber than you'll see in almond butter (12 grams fat, 4 grams of fiber).  I took it home.  I spooned it from the jar.  I slathered it on things.  I threw it in smoothies.  I went back and bought more...and not just one jar!  Here i am 4 jars later scraping the end bits out of this empty jar and scheduling my day around another market run to refill my supply.

Here's breakfast today...and yesterday...and the day before.  This really holds me over.  Like grandma said about her oats - it'll stick to your ribs.


1 rice cake (i use lundberg brand lightly salted)
1/2 banana, sliced
1 tbsp sunflower seed butter

(this has about 210 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 4 grams of fiber) - makes a great snack too!

not feeling like it's enough?  double it up and use your whole banana, 2 rice cakes, and 2 Tbsp Sunflower Seed Butter.   (will have about 420 cal, 14 g fat, and 8 grams fiber)

PS - i'm on Twitter now.  Click here to find me at A_Grateful_Life. (A_Grateful_Life)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig