We can all get caught up in the way we think our lives are supposed to look. In the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, striving to reach our dreams and goals, too often we forget to take time to appreciate all the simple blessings surrounding us.
When is the last time you simply stopped still in the midst of adversity, checked out of the situation, and checked into appreciating all of the many blessings still around you?
To live in gratitude is to awaken to the simple pleasures around you. See everything as a miracle. Living this way will shift your focus from 'lack' in your life, and open your eyes to the abundance that is already there.
Your Attitude of Gratitude Guide:
- Notice your thoughts. How many of your conversations and how much of your thoughts are devoted to complaints or negative self-speak? Are you focusing on areas of your life that you feel 'lack'. Shift your perspective and choose to speak in a positive and loving light. Leave belittling conversations and gossip behind.
- Fall in love with YOU. Fall in love with the way your life is NOW. Not waiting for vacation, or a special package to arrive, a promotion, or a new lover. Be. Happy. Now.
- Reframe disappointing outcomes and events as opportunities for growth and learning. In the face of adversity always ask yourself what good can you take from the experience. What did you learn and how has that lesson benefitted you? The universe always provides, so trust in the process and smile knowing your deck of cards is still full and your ACE is still to get played.
- Tell those you care about how grateful you are to have them in your life. Let your loving heart open and share your kind thoughts about them with them. Compliments are flattering, and can really change a person's day. Not only the compliment receiver's day, but the giver as well. Sharing your gratitude towards others raises your vibration.
- Start a gratitude journal. Start or end your day by writing 3 - 10 things which you are grateful for. If you're feeling deeply connected to a specific individual, write a loving note to them and express your deep gratitude for their place in your life.
"If the only prayer you say in your life is ‘thank you,’ that would suffice." – Meister Eckhart
Today's top 10 things i'm grateful for:
2. Green Juice
3. my old blue schwinn
4. my yoga mat
5. honey bees
6. sand between my toes
9. watching others embrace deep transformations
10. YOU..yes you, reading this now...and watching your wheels start to spin.
Look out the window, open it up and take a big drink of breath, let a smile curl up on your lips and whisper to yourself: "I am supremely blessed."
What makes you supremely happy?
Do that now.