recipes and tips for better living

Monday, December 10, 2012

How I Roll On Sundays: The Xmas Edition


Warning.  It's not all green drinks, rainbows, and farmers markets here, Kids.  If you are currently on a cleanse with me, diet, or otherwise can not have, see, smell, or even think about chocolate, I suggest you walk away from this post now.  You may find this violating...dare i say X rated.

Here's how i rolled this Sunday....

I started the day with my cleanse group, took a vinyasa practice, and sipped close to 30 ounces of green smoothie throughout the first part of the day.

apple, banana, water, ice, spinach, chard, kale
Andy and I had already planned this to be our holiday decorating day, so we hit up Rite Aide for our tree.  Yes, East Coasters and Mid-Westerners, in California you buy your tree at Rite Aide for $20 and it's about 3 feet tall.  That's all the space we have in our tiny seaside homes.



After hitting target for the decorations (and having run ins with some of my favorite people)  don't you love days like that?   We tackled the market and picked up essentials for making christmas treats - cuz well, that's what i do when i decorate the tree and listen to christmas music.  At least i wasn't making christmas cocktails or hot buttered rums, which may had been the case if i weren't on a cleanse.

*note our tree topper this year is a little bird.  We call our place the treehouse so it seemed appropriate.

Back to the more important topic:  Making Christmas Treats

I made chocolate pretzels (recipe below)....and i just may have been caught snitching on one....or two.


BUSTED!

or three...or four....or....

Okay. Truth be told, I ate them all.  Each. And. Every. One. Of. Them. And. All. Their. Chocolately. Salty. Goodness.

Don't Judge. 

Did i feel good physically?....no, can't really say i did.

 Was i grinning ear to ear like a kid in a candy store?.....yes. yes.  and YES I WAS!

And ayurveda tells me that smiling and following traditions that make me happy creates good Ojas.  (ojas = good energy, good chi, bright aura)  So, C'est le vie.  Such is life.  What's done is done.  My ojas are temporarily raised.


Pretty much felt like i did here in my wonder woman days.  Wait, i'm still freaking wonder woman. 

That's right!!!

So I just put my superhero cape right back on.  Can you hear my blender roaring to overcome this Choco-holics cleanse derailment?  Green Drink to the rescue!




Not So Cleanse Approved (but oooh sooo good) Chocolate Covered Pretzels 


You can jazz up the chocolate by adding cinnamon and cayenne to it once it's melted.  Or consider using dark, white chocolate, or sprinkle with crushed candy canes or red sprinkles for a little more holiday flair. 3 ingredients:



*Glutino Gluten Free Pretzels
*Chocolate Morsels
*Coarse sea salt

Melt some chocolate in a double boiler stirring often
If you are adding spices add them here (cinnamon, cayenne, etc)
Dip one side of your pretzel into the melted chocolate.
Lay uncoated side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.



While still gooey crank on the sea salt or add sprinkles or crushed candy canes.
Refrigerate to set the chocolate.
Keep refrigerated until you are ready to eat or serve.

3 Tbsp of chocolate morsels will make approximately 25 pretzels.







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig