Sunday, November 15, 2015
Secrets to Success + Goal Setting Tips
In the past couple years of doing intensive personal development work while opening my coaching business i've learned a thing or two on actualizing goals. Many of you may have heard of the SMART goal setting system, or have a system you already follow, but i would challenge you to consider these things as well and to get really SERIOUS on not just setting goals, but WRITING DOWN your goals too. They should be reviewed often to make sure you are on the right path. Evaluating your progress allows you to fine tune where you are at, what's working and what isn't, and what action steps you must continually take to get results. Often we find ourselves doing 'busy work' that doesn't truly help us. Here are a few tips I learned from Author and Success Speaker Darren Hardy.
1. Think Big AND Decide to be successful - What is the one HAIRY SCARY goal, or that one thing that is always weighing on your heart? What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail at it.
2. Visualize it and identify your passion - What if you had every resource available to make it happen? How would it look? WHY are you so passionate about this? What would change?
3. WRITE IT DOWN and design your best year ever - most goals are not actualized because simply they were never written down. You can use the resource linked in below or just write yourself a letter. Simply date it out 6 weeks from now, or 3 or 6 months from today and write it today AS IF you are reading it at that time. So if your goal is to lose 10 lbs in 2 months you would date the letter 2 months from today and it would read how you FEEL at 10 lbs lighter having achieved you goal and REFLECT and celebrate all the changes you made over the past two months, all the challenges and resistance, and how you overcame it. This in essence will help you REVERSE ENGINEER your goals, so you see exactly the steps you have to take daily, as well as the resistance you'll meet and how you'll trouble shoot it.
4. Stay Positive and Position yourself for success - focus on what you're moving towards and not away from. Essentially you will expect and create what you think about. Read, watch, listen to, and surround yourself with those who will support your efforts and success. It's said you are the sum of the 5 people you surround yourself with most. Does that support your dreams or scare you?
5. State your goals in the "i am" rather than "i want" and start modeling success- Ever hear the saying 'success leaves clues'? Find a mentor or someone successful you respect and take clues from their actions. Model your actions and language after theirs. Speaking in the 'i am' declares your goal-statements to be true therefore encouraging your actions to support your goals.
6. Get Fit - "Your mind cannot achieve what your body cannot perform." - Darren Hardy. It's true. exercise is the master of stress release, centering, and building physical and emotional strength. A truly healthy and fit inside and outside will allow you to have more clarity and energy to put into your goals and dreams and will give you the confidence to do whatever you want and take the world by storm. Click HERE to select the right fitness and meal plan program to reach your goals.
7. Make a difference - What do you want your legacy to be? YOU have the power to make a profound difference in this world and in someone's life. There is a saying, " To the world you may be ONE person, but to ONE person, you may mean the world." Apply to be a Sol Warriors Coach and start supporting and helping others as you continue to reach your personal wellness and fitness goals.
Consider using Darren Hardy's GOAL DESIGNING WORKSHEET from one of my favorite books, The Compound Effect. You should probably buy the book and start reading it too. :)
© A Grateful Life | All rights reserved.