recipes and tips for better living

Monday, October 17, 2011

Let's Do This: Pre-Holiday Cleanse & Overnight Oats



"One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth.  We cannot become what we want to be without inviting in positive change"

Amen To That!

When our lives get out of control, our diets quickly follow.  It's seems so hard to regain control again, let alone visualize what it must be like to be in control.  I know for myself when i've become overwhelmed in the bubble i've created that is my life i often fall off the horse, so to speak.  I'll notice that although i'm unable to carve out time for important tasks to get completed in my day, i've managed to schedule in time for a glass of vino (or 2) or time to run to the store for chocolate.  In the end I'm left more depleted, with a longer list, and less energy to complete it.  Yet, the one thing that always gets me back on track is a cleanse.  Cleansing doesn't have to be miserable, restrictive, or a boring experience, but yes my wino friends, you do need to give up your wine.  For those of you still reading, cleansing is simply an opportunity to nourish your body with a powerhouse of nutrients that push toxins out of your cells and get yourself set up with healthy habits (a staple necessity as we rapidly approach the hectic holiday season).  Plus, cleansing shrinks your fat cells, melts away all the bloat, makes you look and feel amazing, and gives you glowing skin.  Who doesn't want all that?  Duh.

I'm running two programs this fall to support you during your cleanse;  Wellness Program at Core Power San Diego (click here for info) starts Oct 28th, and Beaming Cleanse at Sculpt Fusion in Carmel Valley starts on Nov 12.   I blogged about my incredible experience on beaming cleanse about a month back (click here).  We're offering your choice of a 3 or 5 day cleanse journey that's all prepared for you (I did 5 days last time which was an amazing challenge that really helped reset my habits and helped me lose 5 lbs!).  Oh yeah, and you heard me right...it's all prepared for you.  You don't need a juicer or any special equipment, and you don't need to take the time to prepare food.  Beaming takes care of all the nitty gritty details so you can simply enjoy your cleansing experience with little effort and frustration.  I'll teach you body care techniques to make your cleanse experience that much better AND i'll make sure you feel empowered to create healthy dishes and make positive shifts in your dietary habits so you stay on track with a winning holiday game plan.  If you are interested in Beaming with me hit me up at meredith.gnau@gmail.com

And there is no way i'm leaving you hanging without an easy recipe to nosh on!  again, duh...



Sunset to Sunrise Chia & Oats

1/3 cup Gluten Free oats
3/4 -1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp honey
1/2 small chopped ripe banana
pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon
__________________

1 Tbsp Almond Butter
1 tsp coconut flakes
1 Tbsp goji berries

Mix everything above the line in a bowl mashing the bananas gently with a fork.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  In the a.m mix in a dallop of almond butter and top with coconut and goji's.   Start Noshin'.

This is such a quick and easy dish.  It's perfect for when you are 'on the go' and don't have time to prepare anything before you run out the door.








Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig