recipes and tips for better living

Friday, February 8, 2013

It's Not Just Green Smoothies Anymore: Day 9



Yesterday i mentioned hitting up b'Bar for some cleanse essentials.  I'm officially now swilling juice, raw soups, and green smoothies, and having very little 'solid' foods.  Not only for my own health and well-being and to support my current Ayur-Detox group, but also because my annual bikini laden yoga retreat to Sayulita, Mexico is officially 3 weeks away!!!!  woot woot!  Nothing makes you look hotter in a 'kini then a little raw foods cleansing, clean eating (sans wine and chocolate), and a few extra workouts.  I'm in!  Want to come with?  I have a few spaces available.  If you are interested message me through Facebook.  Meanwhile, make this....



Sassy Spirulina Smoothie

1 cup Beaming Nut Milk (or make your own and add cinnamon, vanilla, and dates for sweetness)
1 cup fresh coconut water
one scoop of coconut meat (if you are using fresh coconut water, if not, you can omit this)
one giant handful of organic baby spinach
1/8 slice of an avocado (just enough to get a creamy texture and thickness)
1/2 of a frozen very ripe banana
3 Tbsp Beaming Plant Based Protein Powder
1/2 tsp of spirulina
3 ice cubes

blend & garnish with a sprinkle of spirulina and a 1/2 tsp of bee pollen
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig