recipes and tips for better living

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Go Raw Food Cleanse: Day 2


Day Two.  

I slept like a rock last night.

I woke up a little hungry (that's not totally abnormal though.  I have a pretty high agni/digestive fire first thing in the mornings, which by the way is a sign of good health :)  Also I woke up feeling bright, clear, and bubbly.  Whether this is a result of the cleanse or the full moon, i can't yet determine.

I started the day with a colon cleanse supplement i took yesterday as well.  I purchased it in Santa Monica at One Life Market in the bulk herbs department so i don't have the brand nor all the ingredients, but i do remember it contained: psyllium, bentonite clay, flax, rhubarb, and some other herbs.  I've called the market and am trying to get the details for you, however the person i need to talk with is not there today.  Bottom line:  this shit works, pun intended.

I also made myself a container of lemon water in the morning from which i sip throughout the day.

Here's Day Two's Raw Noshes and Notes:

here's the full SHA-BANG: everything that came in my pack today

(8am) breakfast was a green juice and (9am) Go Raw Granola with sprouted almond milk
I put some of the grapes on that they supplied for a snack
PS - their almond milk is just sort of INSANELY almond'y and delicious!

(11:30am) Lunch was 'Rancher's Salad':  a creamy dill ranch dressing with greens, cukes,
celery, tomatoes, and red bell pepper.  I gobbled up the mini Live Pumpkin Seed Bar
 shown in the above photo and a few handfuls of the Spirulina Super Chips pictured below :
These are probably the most addicting and delicious crispy cookies ever.
 I might be able to live solely off of these for the rest of my life.

(5pm) SNACKS:
Post Teaching/Work fruit as a snack.
(6:30pm) insanely delicious calcutta curry made with cashew and pumpkin seed over
 cauliflower rice with zucchini, squash, broccoli, raisins, and carrots.

(7:15pm) enjoyed this salad while my boyfriend ate his dinner.
Red leaf lettuce, romaine, red onion, raisin, cauliflower, strawberries, and a pineapple vinaigrette. 

Overall i'm feeling great and have steady energy.  Today i felt a slight bit more bloated and experienced some pinching in my stomach after the evening meals which could be my body adjusting to the increase of raw foods, the fact that i had fruit in the afternoon, or an indication that i'm not giving my body enough time between meals (i'm eating more often than normal).  It as well could just be my body detoxing.  I'm curious if the Go Raw Life Center uses bragg's or nama shoyu in their sauces (i've sent them a note to inquire...will let you know when i hear back).  My nose has gone stuffy a few times after eating, and generally that only happens with soy.  I acknowledge that soy based sauces are a commonly used ingredient in raw recipes, but coconut aminos can easily replace soy in those recipes.  This too could also simply be a sign of detox.  All said, i feel great overall and am looking forward to another sound night's sleep and can't wait to see what's in my goodie bag tomorrow morning!  I'm LOVING everything and it's all super DELICIOUS.  Plus it's been a BLESSING to not have to think of preparing foods as my days have been insanely busy, and i now no longer have to barter with my boyfriend to get out of cleaning the dishes. 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig