recipes and tips for better living

Friday, August 23, 2013

Go Raw Foods Cleanse: Day 3


I'm not gonna lie.  I may have attacked the bag of Go Raw Life Center's spirulina super chips last night after i posted my blog.  Not because i was hungry per se, but more because they are just that goooood.

Once again i slept like a rock, and woke up fairly hungry.

I had one of those 'skinny' mornings.  You know, when you walk by the mirror, turn sideways, and acknowledge that something is shifting.  The scale said i weighed 1.5 pounds less than 2 days ago.  My water weight is going away...bloating subsided.  I'll take it.  I feel really ALIVE in the mornings, very bright and clear.  Quite the departure from how i felt just prior to this cleanse.

On another note, i did find out there is some soy in some of the dressings as i suspected.  If you have a soy sensitivity or don't want it in your cleanse make sure to be clear with them verbally as well as write it on your enroll form.  They are currently exploring replacing all tamari (soy) containing recipes with coconut aminos (non soy).

Here's Day 3's Noshes & Notes:


the whole aha-bang today: salad, spiralized zucchini, mock tuna wraps, kale chips, plums, honeydew, pumpkin go raw bar, mint chocolate, and a smoothie



(7:30am) Breakfast: Tropical Smoothie of pineapple, mango, apple juice, and coconut oil.  I also ate the mini Live Pumpkin Seed Go Raw Bar they provided.
It's pretty killer and was the perfect entry into this sunny summer day.


(10:15am) Mid-morning i noshed on these delicious, sweet chopped plums ~ YUM


(12:15pm) I ate one of the two raw tuna wraps provided as my 'entree'.  I also enjoyed a pumpkin seed and sesame inspired salad with greens, bell pepper, cabbage, carrots, and red onion with a delicious sesame dressing AND i couldn't help but dive into the kale chips (pictured below).


These kale chips are pretty much to die for.  I am a huge fan (of course) of my own recipe for raw kale chips, but i might go as far to say they slayed the competition!
(5pm) ate the one remaining tuna wrap...it was only three bites big (made with sunflower seeds, celery, bell pepper, red onion, cabbage, and wrapped in romaine).
I also ate a couple handfuls of Go Raw Super Original Cookies/Chips


(6:30pm)  Dinner was spiralized zucchini on greens with cukes, tomatoes, and a sweet basil dressing. 

I still have the container of honeydew melon and my raw chocolate mint to enjoy if needed.  I also picked up an extra 'green blend' (green smoothie)and a couple extra Go Raw
 Pumpkin Bars from the Go Raw Life Center just in case i get hANGRY later (it's friday - and we's be going out to listen to some live tunes!)  When cleansing and hitting the town with friends, always be prepared so you don't have to pull out the HANGRY CARD:

















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig