recipes and tips for better living

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Low Sugar Superfood Pumpkin Latte


Have you seen the ingredients list of a Starbucks Pumpkin Latte?  I nearly choked on my Petite Pumpkin Scone and had to order an extra Venti Skinny Decaf With Foam Americano just to wash all the madness down.  In all seriousness though, check this out.  It's a 420 calories and 50 grams of sugar in an innocent 16 ounce green and white cup with a bunch of preservatives and Corn Syrup and ZERO nutrient benefit. 
















Because i'm a healthy, skinny-jean-wearing, yoga-loving, superfood-maven and because i just "CANNOT" NOT enjoy all the deliciousness that this harvest season brings to my plate, i OF COURSE had to recreate my own 'muse in a cup' so i didn't shrivel up and perish upon my next trip to Starbucks.  You can thank me later for this recipe, but meanwhile if you want more like it then make sure you follow my Facebook Feed and message me to join the Fall Fitness Challenge.  As always i'm supplying free meal plans, motivations, great fall recipes (including my signature superfood pumpkin pancake recipe - ohhhhhhhh it's sooooo good) and of course fitness too.



To join all you gotta do it hit me up at www.mfitandhealth.com --
Anyone that lives in the US and Canada will be able to access the group.  

Okay Okay already, i know…. the recipe! Okay, here's the stats…they are approximates, but pretty darn close for about 


Low-Sugar Superfood Pumpkin Latte Ingredients:

{16 ounces - Calories: 150, Fat: 5g, Sugar: 6g, Fiber: 3g}

1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup of Trader Joes cold brew coffee concentrate
1/4 cup of canned pumpkin puree
3/4 of a scoop of  Vanilla Shakeology
4 dashes of cinnamon
5 pinches of pumpkin pie spice
one pinch of himalayan sea salt
3/4 cup of water

Blend all of the ingredients together in a high powered blender.  Pour into a pot and gently heat over medium, but pull from heat before a boil.  Pour into your favorite mug.  If you are accustomed to REALLY sweet pumpkin lattes add 5 drops of liquid stevia.  Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.  Enjoy.



If you are new to Shakeology i have a WEALTH of recipes to share and a new flavor 'Cafe Latte' (which rivals the Starbucks sugar-laden Frappachino) will be released in January 2016.  You can order through my link but i always recommend connecting with me first.  I offer a full bag of Shakeology with all of my fitness and health programs, including my cleanses, and it's a much better deal than purchasing a bag on it's own.  












Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig